You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 30 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3.Feature films are 40 minutes in length or longer. Short films are under 40 minutes in length. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
4. Films previously entered and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
5. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the HFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
6. In the event of a film being withdrawn, HFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
7. HFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
8. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
9. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity to prevail occasional discounts.
10.Entries must be submitted for pre-screening through FilmFreeWay.com. If you use a secured link, you are REQUIRED to keep us updated with passwords or your film may be rejected.
11.Works in progress are accepted but are not encouraged. We cannot promise that we will be able to watch re-edited submissions. Please only submit works in progress if submitting close to the final deadline.
12.You may submit multiple entries but must fill out a separate entry form and pay an entry fee for each.